Effective July 1, 2019:
- Persons with a felony drug conviction are no longer banned from receiving SNAP benefits, if otherwise eligible.
- Convicted drug felons who are currently a part of a SNAP household, will be automatically added to the SNAP benefit.
- Those households, without other changes, will receive an increase in benefits for the month of July and thereafter.
- No action is needed on the part of the SNAP households who currently consist of a convicted drug felon.
- Anyone convicted of a drug felony who is not currently included in a SNAP household, can now apply and receive benefits if eligible.