Mississippi Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Card
The Mississippi EBT card can be used at any participating store displaying the Quest® logo.
The recipient’s Mississippi EBT card is scanned at a Point-of-Sale (POS) device. The recipient then enters their secret four-digit PIN to approve the SNAP purchase.
SNAP recipients may also purchase food products at non-traditional stores such as farmers markets, truck vendors, and community support agencies if they have been approved by the Food and Nutrition Service.
A Customer can find out their balance at any time using any of the following options:
- Calling the Cardholder Services Center number printed on the back of their EBT card
- Performing a “balance-inquiry-only” transaction on the POS terminal installed at the food store
- Reviewing the last EBT transaction receipt. The customer’s current account balance will be printed on the bottom of each EBT receipt
If the customer does not have enough benefits remaining in his/her account to cover the purchase, the transaction will be denied, and the receipt will display “Denied-Insufficient Balance.” They may pay the difference between the purchase amount and the available balance in cash, the original purchase may be reduced to an amount less than or equal to the remaining balance in the SNAP account or if the client is a TANF recipient, the balance may be paid by conducting a TANF transaction with the Mississippi Debit Mastercard, if funds are available. Please note that in either case the transaction must be re-entered.
Please see the following best practices for EBT cards
- Do Not Keep Your Card and PIN Together
- Do Not Damage or Bend Your Card
- Do Not Write on or Scratch the Black Stripe on the Back of your Card
- Do Not Get Your Card Wet
- Do Not Put Your Card Near Magnets, TVs, DVD Players, CD Players, Stereos, VCRs or Telephones
- Do Not Leave Your Card Out in the Open—Always Put Your Card in a Safe Place
- Do Not Throw Your Card Away—You Will Use the Same Card Every Month as Long as You Have Benefits or if You Reapply for Benefits After Your Case Closes
- Do Not Sell or Give Your Card and PIN to Anyone
- Do Not Accept Cash Back from your EBT Card
Clients who have been issued a card should retain their card for the future use. A new card will be issued if the client calls the Cardholder Service Help Desk to report the card is lost, stolen or destroyed.
If you have additional questions, please refer to the following Fact Sheet: Mississippi SNAP Facts for Clients
Please call Cardholder Assistance at 866-512-5087 if you need additional assistance.