1. Avoid Simple PINs: Number combinations such as 1111, 1234, or 9876 may be easy for others to guess.
2. Change PIN after using card: By changing your PIN frequently, especially after using your card, you can minimize your risk of stolen benefits from a previously skimmed EBT card. To change your card PIN, you can call: 1-866-512-5087.
3. Keep your PIN secret. Do not share your PIN with anyone outside your household. Cover the keypad when you enter your PIN on a machine.
4. Check your EBT account regularly for unrecognized charges. If you notice any, change your PIN immediately to prevent further theft.
5. Check card reading machines to make sure there’s nothing suspicious overlayed or attached to the card swiper or keypad. The overlays can be difficult to detect but are often bigger than the original machine and may hide parts of the machine.