Applications for SNAP benefits are available online (English), (En Español – Spanish), or (Tiếng Việt – Vietnamese) or you may request an application by phone, in person, by fax, or by mail from your county office.
- Complete as much of your application as you can. Your name, address, and signature are necessary on the application for it to be accepted on the same day it is turned in, even if there is no interview on that day. Only one adult household member or authorized representative may sign the application for SNAP benefits under penalty of perjury.
- When your application has been turned in, the local county office will set up an interview to review your application.
At the time of your interview, bring verification of your income and expenses. If you cannot get all the information together by your interview date, come for the interview because you will have additional time to provide this information. If you need assistance in obtaining this information, please discuss this with your caseworker at the time of the interview. The following are examples of what to bring:
- Proof of identity (driver’s license, etc.)
- Social Security Numbers for all household members.
- If employed, proof of income (wage stubs, earning statements, etc.) for the four weeks prior to your interview or last filed tax return if self-employed.
- Proof of residency (utility bills, rent/mortgage payments, lot rent, taxes)
SNAP Applications (English), (En Español – Spanish), or (Tiếng Việt – Vietnamese)
SNAP Rights & Responsibilities (English), (En Español – Spanish), (Tiếng Việt – Vietnamese)
You may be asked to provide additional information based on your circumstances.
After the interview and collection of needed information for eligibility determination, the worker will send your household a notice. If your household does not qualify for SNAP, a notice will be provided giving the reasons for ineligibility. If your household is determined to be eligible, the notice will provide the monthly benefit amount and length of the certification period.
- As soon as all necessary information is provided and verified for eligibility, you will be able to receive your SNAP benefits within 30 days of your dated application.