Households must report changes within ten (10) days of the change becoming known to the household.
These changes include:
- Changes in household composition (addition or loss of a household member)
- TANF households must report within five (5) days if one or both of the following changes occur: the head of household moves out of state, or when it becomes clear that a child will be out of the household for more than 30 days.
- Changes in residence and resulting shelter costs
- Changes in the legal obligation to pay child support
- A change of more than $100 in the amount of monthly unearned income
- A change of more than $100 in monthly earned income from the amount used to determine eligibility
- A change in the source of income (such as an employment change) if it results in a change in income
Note: Income changes must be reported within 10 days of the date the household receives the first payment attributed to the change.
- Change in liquid resources that exceeds the household’s limit
- Able bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs) must report when their work hours fall below 20 hours per week or an average of 80 hours monthly.
* For SNAP only, if a household member receives lottery or gambling winnings in a single game equal to or greater than $3500 (before taxes), the SNAP household is ineligible to receive SNAP.