A CCPP-approved child care provider refers to any private child care provider that is eligible to serve children and families participating in the Child Care Payment Program (CCPP) of the Mississippi Department of Human Services (MDHS). CCPP-approved providers must complete an application and approval process with MDHS in order to begin receiving reimbursement for the provision of services to CCPP-participating families. CCPP-approved providers must reapply for approval each year. If you have been approved to receive child care assistance through CCPP, you must choose a CCPP-approved provider in order to receive the benefit.
Additional Provider Requirements
In addition to the requirements above, all providers, regardless of setting must complete an application to be designated a Standard Center. To be classified as a standard center, a child care center must be licensed and meet minimum federal and state standards.
Standard centers will operate above licensure expectations in two ways:
- All staff must go through mandatory training as required by the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 2014.
- All staff must have 15 hours of continuing professional development each year as prescribed by the act. The professional-development areas include:
- health and safety;
- educational standards and best practices;
- recognizing signs, symptoms, or behaviors of child abuse and neglect;
- professional development that addresses social-emotional and behavioral development, mental health, expulsion, and exclusionary discipline practices in child care settings; and
- developmental and behavioral screenings.
The curriculum implemented in these centers must align with the state early learning guidelines for infants and toddlers and the state early learning standards for three- and four-year-olds. These centers must also engage in an annual self-assessment process. This self-assessment helps providers identify the strengths of their program. In addition, the self-assessment process allows providers to locate opportunities for growth within their program. Child care programs with the Standard Designation are involved in continuous efforts to review their programs and access resources to provide the highest level of quality possible.
Search for CCPP-approved providers. On the search page, select the “Accepts MDHS Subsidy Children” box before submitting your search.