Child Care Public Meeting
MDHS will be holding a public meeting to gather public comment on the proposed updates to the Child Care Payment Program Policy Manual. This virtual meeting will be held at the date and time below. We hope you will join us and share your input before the policy manual is prepared for final submission.
Meeting Date: April 12, 2023
Meeting Time: 11:00-1:00
To Register for the Meeting: https://mdhs.zoom.us/j/87477212807?pwd=R2pBSEFRMWErYlZxZjNLNXNIa2IrUT09
HOW YOU CAN SHARE YOUR COMMENTS ON PROPOSED CHANGES:
- Written Comment: Written comments will be accepted through April 15, 2023 at 5:00 PM. You may submit any written comments you have using this link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/62e202233d3343d5881ccf8f1deefb99
- Verbal Comment: If you would prefer to share your comments verbally, you may sign up to make verbal comments during the public meeting. It is not necessary to make both verbal and written comments. Speakers will be called in the order in which they registered and given 5 minutes to speak. You must register to speak before the start of the hearing on April 12, 2023 at 11:00 AM in order to be called on to speak. Once all speakers have been called, the meeting will be concluded. The session will be recorded so that MDHS has a record of all comments for review and making necessary policy revisions. If you wish to share your comments verbally, you may register with this link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e732c43358284c60ba70418667df5305
The draft of the proposed updates to the policy manual will be made available for review five days prior to the hearing at Reports & Archives – DECCD | Mississippi Department of Human Services (ms.gov). A summary of proposed changes can be viewed here. (Summary of Proposed Policy Changes 51523). The markup copy of policy changes can be viewed here Policy Manual MarkUp Eff May15_2023.
Child Care Payment Program Manuals
- 2021 Child Care Payment Program Policy Manual (Effective November 1, 2021) PDF
- 2020 Child Care Payment Program Policy Manual (Effective March 1, 2020) PDF
- 2019 Child Care Payment Program Policy Manual (Effective September 30, 2019 PDF
- 2019 Child Care Payment Program Policy Manual (Effective May 4, 2019) PDF
- 2018 Child Care Payment Program Policy Manual PDF
Child Care & Development Fund Plans
Monthly Report of Serious Occurrences and Deaths Reported to MSDH
MDHS receives information from the Mississippi State Department of Health each month on the number of serious incidents occurring in child care facilities across the state. Please see the chart below. This information is reported and updated monthly.