Our roadmap to guide the work of MDHS.
The Mississippi Department of Human Services offers Mississippians, young and old, tangible help today to create lasting hope for tomorrow.
Promote steadfast honesty and transparency.
Pursue accountability and public trust.
Operate effectively and efficiently.
Serve with humility, treating all with dignity and respect.
The Mississippi Department of Human Services (MDHS) has released a new strategic plan. This plan provides a roadmap to guide the work of the agency over the next five years beginning in July 2023.
The eight goals included in the plan describe the path needed to connect with Mississippians who reach out to MDHS for assistance and help them become more economically secure, better skilled to enter the workforce, and more likely to live in safe and healthy home environments that promote and enhance their well-being.
The eight strategic plan goals are:
- Connect agency program participants with opportunities to work,
- Expand access to quality early childhood care to enable parents to join and stay in the workforce,
- Improve the financial security of children involved in child support cases,
- Train and support the Early Child Care provider workforce,
- Support agency program participants in furthering their education and job skills,
- Reduce food insecurity,
- Provide support to promote safe and stable homes, and
- Make MDHS services more accessible and easier to navigate