Monthly Child Care Co-Payments
What are Co-Payments?
The DECCP provides parents/guardians in the Child Care Payment Program a child care certificate each month. The parents/guardians may also owe a co-payment that is paid directly to their CCPP-approved provider. The amount of the co-payments are based on the type of child care (full- or part-time) and the child’s age.
How Co-Payments are Paid
Parents must pay their designated fee once a month to the child care provider in which their child(ren) is enrolled.
How Co-Payment Fees are Calculated
Co-payments are based on the full-time and part-time status, and the child’s age. Fees are divided evenly between the number of children receiving services in the family.
For example: If the total co-payment is $10 for a family with three (3) children receiving child care services, two (2) children will have a co-payment of $3.33 and one (1) child will have a co-payment fee of $3.34.
Determining Who Pays a Co-Payment Fee
- No Co-Payment Fee
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients
- Homeless families with no countable income
- Any family whose income is at or below the federal poverty line
- Minimum Co-Payment Fee (For families with incomes above the federal poverty line and who meet the conditions in a-f below will have a co-payment fee that is no more than $10)
- Transitional Child Care (TCC) recipients,
- Teen Parents,
- Children served by the Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services (MDCPS),
- Children served by the Healthy Families Mississippi (HFM) home-visitation program,
- Parents with a disability who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and
- Children with special needs. If there are other children in the family who are receiving child care services, the monthly co-payment fee shall be $10 or the child’s prorated share of the family’s co-payment fee, whichever is less.
For all other parents, co-payment fees are calculated in CCPS based on family size and income by applying the CCDF Child Care Monthly Co-Payment Fee Scale for Parents.
CCPP Child Care Monthly Co-Payment Fee Scale
Download this Fee Scale as a PDF.